Research of new bioactive compounds
Offer for companies that would like to valorize their by-products through the research of bioactive compounds. It is also for cosmetic, functional nutrition and nutraceutical or pharmaceutical companies that would be interested in the research of bioactive compounds with some functionality from natural sources.
This research is carried out with a platform developed and patented by the Nutrigenomics Research group.
- Primary mater study for obtaining of bioactive compounds such as peptides and phenolic compounds.
- Identification of different conditions to treat the raw material in order to identify the processes generating the bioactive compounds with the best potential
- Elaboration of sets of hydrolysates / extractions from different raw materials to test their bioactivity by the company or by the group
- Tunning of the biochemical techniques necessary for the selection of the bioactive compounds with the business' interest functionality
- In vivo demonstration of the compounds bioactivity previously selected with in vitro methods
- Identification of the interest bioactive compounds responsible of the functionality
- Research of the molecular mechanisms implicated in the functionality
Offer to pharmaceutical labs and biomedical research institutions:
- Assay of drugs or other substances of interest toxicity on cell lines of mammals and humans.
- Protein's gene expression studies by quantitative PCR in cell cultures.